Les Petites Jamelles are fruit forward, smooth, well-balanced and easy to drink wines. They were carefully elaborated by Les Jamelles winemakers, who are recognized specialists of the Pays d'Oc.
The grapes are destemmed. Ten-day maceration period for 80% of the grapes whereas the remaining 20% undergo a carbonic maceration (fermentation of whole grapes).
Beautiful deep purple in colour with vivid highlights, this wine is powerful with notes of ripe berries (blackcurrant, blackberry), spices, pepper and cinnamon. It has a soft attack with lots of structure on the palate and velvety tannins.
This wine come from vines cultivated on schistous and claylimestone soils with shingles in the Southern French Pays d'Oc region : in the Aude department (15-to 20-year-old vines) and in the Pyrénées Orientales (over 25-year-old vines). The climate is very bright and sunny with hot, dry weather conditions. Low yields : 40 to 50 hl/ha.
Serve at 17°C with Mediterranean cooking, pasta with carbonara sauce, roasted meat, barbecue.