• Preheat the oven to 200°C.
• For the cream : mix the almond powder with the caster sugar, add the softened butter and finally the beaten eggs.
• Place a piece of puffpastry on the baking sheet, spread the cream on it while avoiding the sides. If you wish to include the traditional «fève» (porcelain figure), you can do so at this point:
Simply nestle it in the cream. The person who finds the «fève» becomes the queen/king of the evening and often gets a paper crown.
• Place the second puff pastry disc on top of the filling. Press your fingers all around the circle to be sure that the edge is well-sealed.
• Mix one eggyolk with a bit of sugar and brush the galette with it so it will be golden when cooked. Bake for 25-30 mins until crisp and golden.