Brioche perdue & salted caramel
Brioche perdue :
• Mix eggs, milk and sugar.
• Dip slices of brioche in this mixture.
• Melt butter in a pan and heat the brioche for few minutes each side.
• Remove from the heat when it is gold brown.
Salted caramel :
• In a heavy-bottomed pot, add water and sugar, over hight heat
• Remove from the heat as soon as the mixture is caramelized and takes a brown blonde shade.
• Add butter, fleur de sel and mix all together.
• Over light heat, add double cream and mix until a very smooth and homogeneous mixture is obtained.
• Pour over the warm brioche.
Perfect pairing: our Pinot Gris!
For the brioche
• 4 slices of brioche
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 l milk
• 60 g sugar
For the caramel
• 80 g sugar
• 10 cl water
• 30g butter
• 4 tbsp double cream
• fleur de sel