With Les Jamelles Chardonnay, Catherine Delaunay demonstrates all of her Burgundian know-how. This wine is complex and elegant, with perfect balance between freshness and fruit, boasting a slight touch of oak and a rich, long, harmonious finish.
100 % Chardonnay
Terroir(s)See the interactive terroirs map
Six terroirs may go into the production of a Les Jamelles Chardonnay! Cool, mineral or saline terroirs, such as the Thau lagoon basin, the upper Aude valley near Limoux, or the western Aude department; terroirs that lend richness and roundness such as the environs of Narbonne or the slopes of the Orb Valley; or the Aude River plain whose grapes contribute tautness and length.
Alcoholic fermentation is slow (3 to 6 weeks) and temperature controlled. Approximately half of the cuvée is aged on oak and on fine lees for 9 months with frequent stirring of the lees (bâtonnage).
Les Jamelles Chardonnay stands out for its freshness, fruit and richness, recalling the Burgundian origins of the creator of the wines, Catherine Delaunay.
Food & Wine
Serve well chilled (12°C) as an aperitif, with seafood, fish, cold cuts, or white meats. Catherine Delaunay particularly likes to serve it with a nice roasted chicken and potatoes, or bass en papillote.
Discover this wine in video
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards 2023 : silver medal – PDF
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards 2022 : double gold medal + Diamond trophy – PDF
- Mundus Vini Summer Tasting 2022 : gold medal – PDF
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards 2021 : gold medal – PDF
- Japan Wine Challenge 2020 : gold medal – PDF
- Decanter 2019 : 86/100 – PDF
- Mundus Vini 2018 : gold medal – PDF
- Sakura Japan Women's Wine Awards 2018 : double gold medal – PDF
- Elu Prix Plaisir, Bettane+Desseauve 2017 : gold medal – PDF
- SMV Canada 2017 : gold medal – PDF
Discover our ranges
Grenache Gris La Lauze du Moulin
Syrah - Vallée de la Bretonne
Mourvèdre - Les traverses
Grenache noir - Vallée de la Boulzane
Carignan - Le Beillou